A Vibrant Community

A Vibrant Community

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Conversation and Poetry with Fred Whitehead


Check Out Poetry Podcasts at Blog Talk Radio with Buffalo Poets on BlogTalkRadio
Welcome to the podcast of poetry and conversation with Buffalo poet Fred Whitehead. Fred Whitead says: "I turned to writing poetry as a creative outlet a couple of years ago. In that time I’ve become the host of a poetry series in my neighborhood in South Buffalo, NY. I released a chapbook called songs.cradled in early 2010, an illustrated volume of poetry, Protected by Paradox in 2011 and Orbs in March of 2012. I try to write daily, if only a little. I try to read daily, as much as I can. I live daily, a lot." Fred's other books include Water from a toad (2012), All sail no rudder (2013), and Half speed epiphany (2014).

Fred also hosts Dog Ears 4th Friday Poetry Series at Dog Ears Bookstore at 688 Abbott Road, Buffalo, NY, 14220. Readings start at 7:00 PM, have slots for open readers, and are sometimes held on the third Friday of the month due to conflicting holidays/events.

No comments:

Post a Comment